The success of a business hinges on a lot of factors, but one thing that is crucial to every business is the ability to utilize resources in a way that accomplishes its mission, vision, and purpose. That is why recycling scrap metal might be one of the most important things you can do for the success of your company. The benefits of recycling scrap metal have far-reaching effects that are good for you, your employees, your clients, and our world.
Any discarded metal that is left over when products have come to the end of their usable life can most likely be recycled as scrap metal. Old cars, appliances, machines, and construction materials can all contain valuable components that can be turned into goods – and put money into your bank account.
Here are some of the best benefits recycling scrap metal can have for your business.
Why Recycle Your Company’s Scrap Metal?
Why is this something we encourage business owners to practice in Cornersville, Columbia, Athens, and Hazel Green?
It’s important to separate yourself from the competition. By recycling scrap metal you have a competitive advantage because the goods and services you provide are made possible by a business that takes their environmental impact seriously. Consumers want to know that the businesses they are investing in are in turn investing in a cleaner world. Recycling scrap metal has a very positive environmental impact.
✔ Recycling scrap metal conserves natural resources
Iron ore, coal, and limestone are resources that are limited. The more we use them, the more expensive it will be to extract them from the earth. When you recycle metal you reduce the need to mine and process those resources. This helps reduce the negative impact that mining has on the environment and makes good cheaper to purchase down the line.
✔ Recycling scrap metal reduces greenhouse gas emissions
Did you know that, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), recycling one ton of steel saves the energy equivalent to 3.6 barrels of oil and 1.49 tons of iron ore?
That means that when you recycle you are significantly reducing the amount of carbon dioxide that is created when new metal is produced. You are saving a huge amount of energy too. In fact, steel recycling in America currently saves energy enough to power 1 out of every 5 homes in the country.
✔ Recycling scrap metal is money in the bank.
The wise words “waste not, want not” are full of meaning when applied to scrap metal. As any business owner will tell you, cash flow is a vital component to success. Recycling scrap can be a great source of cash income, as well as a cost saving measure.
No matter the amount of scrap metal that you are recycling, there is money to be gained. When you donate your scrap metal with the help of Harmon Scrap Metal, you are paid for the metal that you provide. That means that simply throwing away scrap metal is quite literally throwing away money.
✔ Recycling scrap metal leads to cost savings.
Disposal fees can be a huge cost to any business. The amount that you receive when you recycle scrap metal easily offsets disposal costs and other revenue losses associated with your operations.
✔ Recycling scrap metal can lead to energy savings.
Producing new metal from raw materials is an expensive process. When businesses lower their carbon footprint by recycling scrap metal, the costs of metal production is lowered. This means that energy costs actually go down.
Additionally, there is a potential to earn energy credits or other incentives for recycling. It is well worth checking with your local government agencies to learn whether you might be eligible for various incentives.
Why Hire Harmon Scrap Metal?
Harmon Scrap Metal is a family owned and operated business. We love our community and desire the overall success, not just of our business, but of the communities in which we live. That is why we value customer satisfaction and do everything we can to make a positive impact throughout the cities and towns we serve.
When you work with us you get unique perks that will help your business be as successful as possible.
- Expert Consultation: Our team at Harmon Scrap Metal understands the finest details of how the scrap metal recycling process works. When you become a part of our scrap metal management program you will get a personal on-site visit from one of our experts who will work with you to evaluate and implement a specific strategy and plan to ensure the greatest possible advantage for your business.
- Scrap Portal: We offer the easiest and most convenient way for you to track your company’s scrap metal recycling data and information. Our scrap portal gives you insight and feedback, so you can easily keep a detailed record of the benefits you receive from recycling. Your documents, images, and other data are kept for you so that you can focus on the most important thing – your business.
- Transportation & Pickup: The biggest barrier for many businesses in recycling is getting the scrap metal from point A to point B. At Harmon Scrap Metal we have the tools, vehicles, and equipment necessary to relieve you of this problem. When you partner with us, the logistics of moving scrap metal don’t have to be yours to bear.
- Convenient Scheduling: If your business generates a lot of scrap metal, we are happy to set up a regular schedule for pickup so you don’t have to worry about it. We desire to streamline the process for you and make it easy to remain focused on your company’s bottom line.
- Container Services: Scrap metal isn’t always pretty and having it strewn about the grounds of your business isn’t probably the aesthetic you’re aiming for. If you are in need of containers to store scrap in before it gets recycled, we can provide that to you. This keeps clutter off your grounds and helps you stay organized.
Reach Out With Questions
Reach out today and find out how easy it is to partner with us. Your success is our success as we work together to serve our community.
Call us 931-293-2360, send us a text, or request an quote online today.