Scrap Metal Recycling in Hazel Green, Alabama by Harmon Scrap Metal
Harmon Scrap Metal specializes in purchasing all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals at our Hazel Green, AL location. From this location we serve Huntsville and surrounding cities with scrap metal recycling services for commercial accounts and the general public.Contact Us for Hazel Green, AL Price List
- All Ferrous metal (tin, steel, shreddables) must be driven across the truck scales.
- For your protection, we require that all customers and passengers stay inside their vehicle at all times while on the yard.
- When at the Non-ferrous building, stay in your car until it is your turn and then you may get out to watch your materials being weighed.
- Tickets must be presented to office for payment.
- Security cameras are recording our facility at all times and we prosecute theft.
Standard Procedure for selling Ferrous Metal:
- Enter facility and drive onto truck scales. You must come to a complete stop.
- After scale clerk records your weight, you will see a green light on the numeric display. You may then pull forward, driving through the radiation detectors slowly so that it may scan your load.
- Drive to the back of the yard, where our yard inspector will inspect your load and direct you to the appropriate place to be unloaded.
- After unloading, drive back across the scale, come to a complete stop, and wait for the green light.
- Park your vehicle and come to the pay window to receive payment. You must present a valid photo ID to sell your metal. In addition, in Alabama we must report the tag number, make and model of the delivery vehicle to the state.
- If you have non-ferrous materials, such as copper or aluminum, those items may be taken to the non-ferrous building before or after you have weighed in and out for your steel. You will receive a ticket to present to the scale clerk at the main office pay window.
Selling an Automobile:
- For all vehicles less than 12 years old, a Title must be presented to sell the vehicle.
- We request that a softball (or larger) size hole be made in the bottom, center of the fuel tank. If you do not have the ability to do so, we can do that on site for a $20 fee.
- On vehicles less than 1 ton, 4 tires may be attached to the vehicle without deduction.
- On vehicles greater than 1 ton, tires must be removed. We will cut the tires and send them home with you for $5 per tire; or if you choose to leave them, we charge a $25 tire disposal fee.
- If you do not have a title for the vehicle and it is older than 12 years, we will record the VIN number from the vehicle and have you sign a Vehicle Agreement form which we report to the state.
- Absolutely no work may be done to a vehicle once you are on our premises. Any tires, etc that you want to keep must be removed prior to getting here.
- In Alabama, in order to sell a catalytic converter you must present the title or registration of the vehicle that the converter was removed from, and it must be in the person’s name that is selling the converter.
- In Tennessee, anyone may sell copper. State law requires us to hold payment for 5 days unless you present a valid HVAC license, Scrap Dealer license, or Business License.
- In Alabama, anyone may sell copper. The only exception is HVAC copper, which requires a HVAC license to sell. Burnt copper is not allowed to sell nor purchase.
- We do not mail copper checks, you must pick them up, in person at the location where you sold the copper.
Items Not Accepted:
- Tires (we will accept metal rims, with tire removed)
- Ammunition, firearms, and other explosive materials
- Garbage, rags, paper, glass, wood, dirt, concrete, and other debris
- PCB’s, capacitors, or fluorescent tubes
- Beer Kegs
- Freon- All fluids must be drained from cars, appliances, etc.
- Acetylene tanks
- Radioactive/Toxic Materials
At Harmon Scrap Metal, LLC we are committed to protecting the environment and strive to be in full compliance of all local, state and federal regulations. The safety of our customers and employees comes foremost in our daily activities. We regret any inconvenience these restrictions may cause you.